One question I am often asked is which mascara I use. I refuse to leave the house without mascara because I have small eyes and the moment mascara is applied, my eyes appear larger and defined. With a few short strokes I can frame my face and pull together an entire look.
My Top 5 Mascaras are staples in my cosmetic bag. They have been carefully
chosen after trying dozens of mascaras.
|By Terry Mascara Terrybly, Kevyn Aucoin Beauty 'The Mascara Volume' Mascara, Giorgio Armani 'Eyes to Kill' Mascara, NARS 'Larger Than Life' Volumising Mascara, Dior 'Diorshow' Mascara|
1) By Terry Mascara Terrybly (black parti-pris): Part of a new generation of growth booster mascaras, this mascara goes on like a serum and lashes are instantly volumised, lengthened and thickened. With continued use, growth booster technology transforms your lashes. After one month, my lashes were fuller, thicker and better defined. Impressive.
2) Kevyn Aucoin Beauty 'The Mascara Volume' Mascara (rich pitch black): Excellent mascara for those with sensitive eyes. Lengthens and volumises lashes. Lasts all day and won't smear or clump. Easy to remove with warm water. A cult favourite.
3) Giorgio Armani 'Eyes to Kill' Mascara (steel black): Brush ensures uniform application from root to tip for plush, separated and voluminous lashes. With its easy application, no clumping or smearing, this is one of the best.
4) NARS 'Larger Than Life' Volumising Mascara (black): The rich black pigment in this mascara creates a curled, lush and voluminous fringe that dramatically defines your eyes. Easy to apply, goes on smoothly, no smudging or flaking. Love the signature honeycomb brush.
5) Dior 'Diorshow' Mascara (black 090): A favourite of Hollywood makeup artists, Diorshow allows you to build length and fullness with every stroke. With its super-black colour and extra-thick consistency, lashes are instantly lengthened, thickened and curved. A must have for glamourous eyes.Mascara Tips
- Remove clumping by removing excess mascara from the mascara wand. Wipe the wand with a tissue then sweep the wand through lashes when they're still wet.
- To make your lashes really stand out don't be afraid to mix mascaras.
- Experiment with coloured mascaras to make your eyes pop. Purple and green mascaras look good on brown eyes. For blue eyes, use plum and blue mascaras.
- To make your eyes appear wider use an eyelash curler before applying mascara. The best-selling Shu Uemura Eyelash Curler is award-winning.
- Don't pump your mascara wand in and out of the tube. This introduces air into the tube which will cause your mascara to dry out sooner.
- After applying mascara, wait at least five seconds before blinking to allow mascara to dry.
- Check your eyelids before stepping out to make sure there are no dots or smears.
- Consider using a mascara primer if you have short and/or sparse lashes. Primers can plump and lengthen lashes and maximise the effect of any mascara. I like Lancome Cils Booster XL or Dior Diorshow Maximiser.